17 January 2010

Unnecessary Hats

I want to take the time to address a startling trend that is also one of my biggest pet peeves:
Unnecessary Hats.
I'm really lenient with hats and what I would consider necessary, like:
1. Hats needed for warmth
2. Hats needed for coolness (blocking sun)
3. Hats needed for other weather (rain, snow, etc)
4. Hats required for employment
5. Hats required for sports (baseball)
6. Hats required for costumes
7. Kentucky Derby
8. Tea time
What else does that even leave? Nothing. Nothing necessary, that is. Hats that serve no purpose are annoying and look stupid. Especially when you wear them inside. I am particularly pointing out fedoras, newsboy caps, and berets. It's possible to have a need to wear them. But it's my experience that the majority of the time that people wear fedoras, newsboy caps, or berets, they are for no reason other than to make their heads bigger.
It would be easy to say that a lot of this blame can be put on those who consider themselves hipsters or otherwise fall into the hipster category, but it's not that simple. Many non-hipsters wear hats for no reason, including other subcultures like goths and bros (there is a reason another name for the "bro" is "white cap").
If you truly feel like you need to wear an unnecessary hat, whether it's due to peer pressure or just stupidity, at least take them off inside. This goes for some necessary hats, too.
There's just no point. And you look dumb.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know you were updating so often, I would've been following you sooner! I'm a tid-bit obsessed with blogs. And yours is actually entertaining. Hey girl, hey!

Elizabeth said...

yeah grrl hay!!

Yelp Clone Script said...

Thanks for the share. It was very interesting and meaningful.
Fiverr clone script| airbnb clone| Fiverr clone script|