20 March 2010

High School Livejournal.

I have rediscovered the LiveJournal I kept in highschool, from summer 2002 to spring 2006. It's kind of amazing, in a very strange way. Some favorite insights so far:

Dec 10 2002: There's a French sophmore at Franklin who's name is Guillome. I've decided that's probably the coolest name ever.
Jan 20 2003: We got DSL and it takes like two minutes to download a song now.
Jan 25 2003: Is ABBA Swedish?
Jan 25 2003: I still haven't really figured out if I left my No Doubt tape in London.
March 9 2003: I don't even know if I'm for or against this thing with Iraq. More worried with passing math, really. Nuclear war is a scary thought, but so is being a freshman twice.
March 10 2003:
Things That Suck:
Life (occasionally)
School
Math
McNabb [my geography teacher]
Term papers on damn cities no one gives a rat's ass about
People who make fun of people
Food
Hypocrites
Hangnails
Ulcers
Ms. Lew [my algebra teacher]
Christina Aguilera
Fatness
Fuckin liars who tell me I'm not fat
Pop-up windows
Spending four years of your life liking someone who doesn't look at you
My stomach
Regular coke
When *69 doesn't work
Drugs
The name Eunice
Bloodshot eyes
The Backstreet Boys
When someone ignores you
Mass murders
Li Po
A shitload of other stuff
March 20 2003: So, apparently we're at war. That sucks. I got into geography fifth period and CNN was on with Baghdad on fire and I felt really bad that we bombed them, but oh well it wasn't my decision.
May 3 2003: Anyway, I guess I should attempt at my goddamn project. Sudan can go to fucking hell. [I had a big geography project to do on Sudan]
May 14 2003: When I was walking home this afternoon I found a rosary on the ground and I picked it up and took it home in case it's a sign from God. If it is, I don't know what the sign means, which makes me hope it isn't because if God is trying to give me a sign, I don't want to be the person who goes down in history as the Girl Who Ignored God.
May 29 2003: I just remembered...in exactly seven months I'll be sixteen!
July 27 2003: I LOVE The Flaming Lips and I LOVELOVELOVE The Big Lebowski!!
July 30 2003:
[ music | Sigur Ros - Track I ]
I talked to this guy who's friends with my Pentacostal cousin and he freaked out because I've never heard of Stained. Who the fuck is Stained? He hasn't heard of Radiohead, so fuck him.
August 2 2003: I'm going to send Ross Hull (of Are You Afraid of the Dark? fame) a birthday card. I had such a crush on him when I was like five.
August 7 2003: I'm liking this band Sigur Ros in a big ole way. Yep. Shit's gone down down to Chinatown with Daniel/Mike. Fuck them. I love this Radiohead album to death. I like Sigur Ros.



This is all pretty great. It's fun to hear my old self, especially at age 15. I just wish I could go back in time and tell my old self not to worry about 95% of the shit I worried about.
I am so glad I am not a teenager anymore.

No comments: