29 December 2009

I could be worse!

I had an e-mail exchange today with Rob Carmichael, the graphic designer that designed:
Animal Crack Box (Animal Collective) Bitte Orca (Dirty Projectors)

Merriweather Post Pavilion (Animal Collective) Water Curses (Animal Collective)

Red, Yellow, & Blue (Born Ruffians) Strawberry Jam (Animal Collective)


Peacebone Single (Animal Collective) Person Pitch (Panda Bear)



Gulag Orkestar (Beirut) Feels (Animal Collective)


And he told me that the font used for a lot of the Animal Collective stuff (seen above on Peacebone and also on the inside of Strawberry Jam as well as a load of posters and stuff) was based on Dave Portner's (Avey Tare) handwriting. He said there's a program that generates fonts based on handwriting samples you submit. They decided not to use it after Strawberry Jam.

SO WHAT I'M SAYING IS: for all those people who say my handwriting is illegible, that may be true (or not) but it's not as crazy as Dave Portner's. That's all.

I'm sick so this is how I'm spending my 22nd birthday.

No comments: