14 May 2009

Friends and AC

Look at these friends!!!:

A BOBCAT KITTEN AND A FAWN.

COLEMAN AND BEN AND CHARLIE.

DASH AND CHASE AND BRIAN AND JON PENN.

Also on Monday NPR's All Songs Considered streamed an Animal Collective show in DC. Some people (Ben) don't want to listen to it because of possible spoilers, but may I just say it was . . . amazing? They played Banshee Beat, the first Animal Collective song I ever heard. If I heard that live myself, I would probably cry. Especially the way they played it. This is where you can hear it:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103811402
Besides making me feel so happy, it made me infinitely more excited to see them in June. I didn't think it was possible to be more excited than I already am for it but AC is just full of surprises you know!

Also also might be making a breakthrough on that license plate business. Details when I get them. Adam Davies (novelist/professor/sucker) made a bet with me that there are regular, personal license plates that don't begin with an A or a B. Oh how it would sting to lose a bet to one of your undergrads. 

No comments: