29 April 2009

I wish I were friends with Sting right now

This has always really bothered me. In the song "Don't Stand So Close To Me" by The Police there is a lyric that goes:
Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Does he mean Bad Girls? As in "Bad girls, you know how they get." Or does he mean, "You know when girls get jealous, it gets bad." Lately I've been thinking it's the latter but growing up I always thought it was the former.

I think about this a lot. If I ever meet Sting, I will ask him this. 

Also, unrelated, but am I the only one who thinks that swine flu just kind of seems like flu flu? The name sounds much worse, as I, like most people I'm sure, would not want to contract any illness with the word "swine" in it. But from what I've read (which is not a lot) it's bad for kids and old people and people with weak immune systems and has "flu-like symptoms." Is that because it's, how do I put this, the flu? I don't know. If I die from SWINE FLU everyone can make fun of me during my funeral's after party (not during the funeral, though, that's just in bad taste).

2 comments:

---------- said...

No, you aren't the only one. The Swine Flu is pretty much a flu. The reasons for the threat level to be raised is that those who have bad/weak immune systems can die from this flu. But yeah, it's pretty much just a flu.

If we all die from it, someone else can say "Told you so!" :)

Katie said...

And I also think it would be appropriate to serve ham and bacon at your funeral.